Creative Music Studio Philosophy
At least 9 aspects have always been intertwined within the CMS philosophy:
"...I learned so much, not just about the art of making music, but also the art of living."
- Cyro Baptista
- Music Universe: Research and practice of elements common to all music that invites cross-cultural communication.
- Music Mind: Ways to focus on detail; heightened sensitivity towards elements of rhythm, dynamics, harmonics, sound/silence, regardless of stylistic forms.
- Personal expression, leading to very specific meetings of the minds.
- The art of group improvisation and interpretation: building teams of individuals.
- Projection and communication to audiences.
- Audience Development: The Basic Practice of musical laws, available to and beneficial for practically anyone, regardless of their prior level of musical knowledge. ( SoundSchool I )
- Creative Relaxation, Liberation Through Sound: music/sound as healing and spiritual practice. ( SoundSchool II )
- Applying the new experiences to specific traditional styles or contemporary concepts : Practicing and playing in groups, creating works, performing, recording, listening.
- Taking the new experiences home, expanding familiar horizons, taking a new approach to projects, communicating with the CMS community worldwide.
All of these points relate to three principles of ancient wisdom:
- The laws of music spell out the laws of vibration, governing all areas and all aspects.
- The more personal you are the more universal you are.
- A group empowers the participating individuals.